Cultivate Curiosity, Inspire Imagination.
The TCS3200 can detect and measure a nearly limitless range of visible colors. Applications include test strip reading, sorting by color, ambient light sensing and calibration, and color matching.
The TCS3200 Color Sensor has an array of photo detectors, each with either a red, green, or blue filter, or no filter (clear). The filters of each color are distributed evenly throughout the array to eliminate location bias among the colors. Internal to the device is an oscillator which produces a square-wave output whose frequency is proportional to the intensity of the chosen color.
Different color and light intensity correspond with different frequency of square wave. There is a relationship between the output and light intensity. The range of the typical output frequency is 2Hz - 500KHz. We can get different scaling factor by different combinations of S0 and S1.
|S0||S1||OUTPUT FREQUENCY SCALING|
When choosing a color filter, it will allow only one particular color to get through. For example, when using the red filter, only red incident light can get through, blue and green will be blocked. So we can get the red light intensity. Similarly, when choose other filters we can get blue or green light.
|H||L||Clear (No Filter)|
- High-resolution conversion of light intensity to frequency
- Programmable color and full-scale output frequency
- Power down feature
- S0 - S1: Output frequency scaling selection inputs
- S2 - S3: Photodiode type selection inputs
- OUT Pin: Output frequency
- Input Voltage: 5V
- Output Frequency Voltage: 10-12KHz, duty cycle 50%
- Best Detection Distance: 10mm
- Mounting Hole: 3mm
- 1x Colour Sensor TCS3200D