Cultivate Curiosity, Inspire Imagination.
The L293D motor shield is a quadruple high-current half-H driver. It is designed to provide bidirectional drive currents of up to 600mA at voltages from 4.5V to 36V. Both devices are designed to drive inductive loads such as relays, solenoids, dc and bipolar stepping motors, as well as other high-current/high-voltage loads in positive-supply applications.
All inputs are TTL compatible. Each output is a complete totem-pole drive circuit, with a Darlington transistor sink and a pseudo-Darlington source. Drivers are enabled in pairs, with drivers 1 and 2 enabled by 1,2EN and drivers 3 and 4 enabled by 3,4EN. When an enable input is high, the associated drivers are enabled, and their outputs are active and in phase with their inputs. When the enable input is low, those drivers are disabled, and their outputs are off and in the high-impedance state. With the proper data inputs, each pair of drivers forms a full-H (or bridge) reversible drive suitable for solenoid or motor applications.
- Up to 4 bidirectional DC motors and 4 PWM speed controllers (approximately 0.5% resolution)
- Up to 2 stepper motor forward and reverse control, single / double step control, staggered or micro-step and rotation angle control
- 4-way H-bridge: The L293D chip provides 0.6A (peak 1.2A) current per bridge with thermal shutdown protection, 4.5V to 36V
- The pull-down resistor ensures that the motor remains stopped at power-up
- Large terminal blocks make wiring easier (10-22AWG) and power
- On-board reset button
- 2 large terminal external power terminals, to ensure logic and motor drive power separation
- Operating Voltage: 4.5V - 36V
- Operating Current: 600mA per Channel
- Peak Current: 1.2A per Channel
- 1x Motor Shield L293D