Cultivate Curiosity, Inspire Imagination.
The VL53L0X is a new generation Time-of-Flight (ToF) laser-ranging module housed in the smallest package on the market today, providing accurate distance measurement whatever the target reflectances unlike conventional technologies. It can measure absolute distances up to 2m, setting a new benchmark in ranging performance levels, opening the door to various new applications.
The sensor contains a very tiny invisible laser source, and a matching sensor. The VL53L0X can detect the "time of flight", or how long the light has taken to bounce back to the sensor. Since it uses a very narrow light source, it is good for determining distance of only the surface directly in front of it. Unlike sonars that bounce ultrasonic waves, the 'cone' of sensing is very narrow. Unlike IR distance sensors that try to measure the amount of light bounced, the VL53L0X is much more precise and doesn't have linearity problems or 'double imaging' where you can't tell if an object is very far or very close.
For XSHUT pin: This pin is an active-low shutdown input; the board pulls it up to VCC to enable the sensor by default. Driving this pin low puts the sensor into hardware standby. This input is not level-shifted.
- Operating Voltage: 2.6 - 5.5V
- Operating Current: 10mA (typical average during active ranging, peak current can reach 40mA)
- Range: 30mm to 1.2 meter in default mode; 1.5 to 2 meters in 'long range' mode on a nice white reflective surface.
- Communication: I2C 16-bit distance reading (in millimeters)
- 1x Time of Flight ToF Distance Sensor VL53L0X
- 1x Male Pin Headers
- 1x Optical Cover