Cultivate Curiosity, Inspire Imagination.
The classic compact camera for Raspberry Pi with a 12MP sensor and autofocus.
Quality of (still) life
Camera Module 3 comes with an improved 12MP IMX708 Quad Bayer sensor and features a High Dynamic Range mode, making it the highest quality Camera Module we’ve made so far.
Focus on the good
Camera Module 3 features ultra-fast auto focus as standard. A rich library of software commands means you can have total control over what you focus on and how you do it.
Look from a different perspective
Need a wider field of view than the standard 75 degrees? Camera Module 3 Wide features an ultra-wide 120 degree angle of view, meaning your Raspberry Pi can see more of the world.
See things differently
Both the standard and wide cameras come with the option of having no IR filter, turning the Camera Module 3 into a night-vision camera when used with infrared lighting.
Not just for stills
Camera Module 3 can record full HD video at 50fps, with higher frame rates available at lower resolutions. Featuring an HDR mode and autofocus, it not only provides great stills quality, but is also a fantastic tool for video recording and streaming. Watch our video filmed entirely on Camera Module 3 to see it in action.
Camera Module 3 takes advantage of the Raspberry Pi Open Source Camera System powered by libcamera. This rich set of libraries gives developers precise control over image processing and better access to the internals of Camera Module 3.
The latest version of Raspberry Pi OS comes pre-installed with a beta of Picamera2, a Python library developed here at Raspberry Pi in Cambridge. For beginners and advanced users alike, Picamera2 is perfect for everything from home projects to machine learning applications.
- Back-illuminated, stacked CMOS 12-megapixel Sony IMX708 image sensor
- High signal-to-noise ratio (SNR)
- Built-in 2D Dynamic Defect Pixel Correction (DPC)
- Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF) for rapid autofocus
- QBC Re-mosaic function
- HDR mode (up to 3 megapixel output)
- CSI-2 serial data output
- 2-wire serial communication (supports I2C fast mode and fast mode plus)
- 2-wire serial control of focus mechanism
- Resolution: 11.9 megapixels
- Sensor size: 7.4mm sensor diagonal
- Pixel size: 1.4μm × 1.4μm
- Horizontal/vertical: 4608 × 2592 pixels
- Diagonal field of view: 75 degrees (Camera Module 3, Camera Module 3 NoIR), 120 degrees (Camera Module 3 Wide, Camera Module 3 NoIR Wide)
- Common video modes: 1080p50, 720p100, 480p120
- Output: RAW10
- IR cut filter: Integrated in standard variants; not present in NoIR variants
- Dimensions: 25 × 24 × 11.5mm (12.4mm height for Wide variants)
- Ribbon cable length: 200mm
- Cable connector: 15 × 1mm FPC
- Effective focal length 4.74mm
- Diagonal field of view 75 degrees (at 16:9)
- 35mm equivalent focal length roughly 28mm (full width) - 30mm (3:2 crop)
- Focus 10cm - infinity
- 1x Raspberry Pi Camera V3 12MP