Cultivate Curiosity, Inspire Imagination.
The Raspberry Pi 4 Model B is the best performing single-board computer to date from the Raspberry Pi Foundation that has undergone a huge upgrade in comparison to all previous models. For the first time, the Pi 4 B is available in different memory versions up to 8GB with true Gigabit Ethernet, USB-C power, USB 3.0, dual 4k display output and a quad-core CPU to rival the performance of an entry-level desktop PC. It’s a truly powerful and capable computer in a small, affordable package.
What's new with Raspberry Pi 4?
- The Raspberry Pi 4 has received a performance boost to 1.5GHz with an upgraded quad-core processor.
- Power is supplied via USB-C – Raspberry Pi 3 was powered via micro-USB at 5.1v
- There is now a choice of memory size; 2GB, 4GB and 8GB to enable more complicated processes to run efficiently.
- Dual micro-HDMI ports enables a dual screen set-up - previous versions featured 1 standard HDMI port.
- Up to 4K resolution video decoding.
- 2 x USB 3.0 ports enable faster connectivity to other peripherals – previous models has 4 USB 2.0 ports.
- Bluetooth 5.0 and WiFi - an improvement on the previous Bluetooth 4.2 on the Pi 3 B+
- True Gigabit Ethernet as the Pi 4 is not limited by the USB 2.0 bridge
What is the Raspberry Pi?
A Raspberry Pi is a compact computer board offering endless opportunities. From the beginning, the Raspberry Pi was designed to be simple to use and simple to adapt to what you want to do with it.
Simply plug into a TV or monitor, keyboard, mouse and power supply, and you are ready to go. The great thing about Raspberry Pi is that it is suitable for almost all age groups. Whether it’s introducing programming to children, or used by engineers to make complex computer-controlled systems, anyone can use one.
There is a huge range of ""HATs"" (Hardware Attached on-Top) and other accessories which you can connect to the Raspberry Pi and add specific features such as:
- LCD displays
- Motor drivers
- Mobile data connection
- Digital TV decoders
- Processor: Broadcom BCM2711 Processor Quad core A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC
- Memory (depending on model): 2GB LPDDR4 SDRAM, 4GB LPDDR4 SDRAM or 8GB LPDDR4 SDRAM
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0
- WiFi: 2.4GHz/5.0GHz IEEE 802.11ac
- Ethernet: Gigabit Ethernet
- USB: 2 x USB 2.0 ports, 2 x USB 3.0 ports
- Connection: 40-pin GPIO Header
- HDMI: 2 x micro HDMI ports (up to 4Kp60 supported)
- Video: 2-lane MIPI DSI display port, 2-lane MIPI CSI camera port
- Audio: 4 Pole stereo output and composite video port
- Multimedia: H.265 (4Kp60 decode), H.264 (1080p60 decode, 1080p30 encode. OpenGL ES 3.0 graphics.
- Storage: microSD card slot for loading operating system and data storage
- Input power: 5v DC via USB-C Connector (min 3A), 5v DC via GPIO header. POE enabled (PoE HAT required)
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 50°C
- 1x Raspberry Pi 4