Cultivate Curiosity, Inspire Imagination.
FireBeetle 2 ESP32-S3-U is a high-performance main controller built around the ESP32-S3-U-WROOM-1-N16R8 module. In addition, this microcontroller is equipped with an OV2640 camera, enabling it to excel in applications such as image recognition. The ESP32-S3-U module also boasts ample storage capacity and a rich set of communication interfaces, catering to a wide range of application requirements. With its enhanced capabilities, the FireBeetle 2 ESP32-S3-U opens up endless possibilities for various projects and functionalities.
FireBeetle 2 ESP32-S3-U offers an onboard camera interface for easy connection with a camera. Also, an independent camera power supply circuit is designed, which helps reduce interference from other signals to the camera. The board comes with an OV2640 camera that offers 2 megapixels, a 68°FOV, and up to 1600*1200 resolution.
For instance, in a smart home scenario, the board's camera can be utilized to monitor the situation at home. When someone enters, it can automatically send notifications and store the captured image data for reporting purposes.
Video picture transmission
Powerful Chips and More Storage Space
The acceleration for neural network computing and signal processing workloads provided by the ESP32-S3-U chip makes the module an ideal choice for a wide variety of applications, such as speech recognition, image recognition, and so on.
For instance, when training for facial recognition, it is possible to store a greater number of facial models. This allows for faster results when conducting data comparisons.
In addition, FireBeetle 2 ESP32-S3-U supports WiFi and Bluetooth 5 (LE) dual-mode communication, which reduces the difficulty of networking. Meanwhile, both Bluetooth Mesh protocol and Espressif WiFi Mesh are supported for more stable communication and a larger coverage area. With the support of Matter protocol, the microcontroller can be used to develop industrial standard smart home devices for a wider range of IoT and AIoT (Artificial Intelligence of Things) scenarios.
This development board is designed to be user-friendly, addressing the complexity of screen wiring through its onboard GDI screen interface. Additionally, it integrates power management features, supporting battery charging and hardware power control. The FireBeetle 2 ESP32-S3-U can be programmed using the Arduino IDE, ESP-IDF, and MicroPython, allowing developers to utilize both C and Python to interact with the hardware.
- Image Recognition: Onboard camera interface & independent camera power supply, easy to connect and strong anti-interference
- Powerful Chip: ESP32-S3 module with AI Acceleration
- More storage space: 16MB Flash & 8MB PSRAM
- Power management integrated, support Li-ion battery charging and hardware On/OFF controlling
- Onboard GDI for easy connection with screens
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5 dual-mode communication
- AIoT-related projects
- Speech recognition
- Image recognition
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V
- Type-C Input Voltage: 5V DC
- VCC Input Voltage: 5V DC
- Max Charging Current: 1A
- Operating Temperature: -20 to 70℃
- Dimension: 25.4x60mm/1x2.36”
- Processor: Xtensa® dual-core 32-bit LX7 microprocessor
- Main Frequency: 240 MHz
- SRAM: 512KB
- ROM: 384KB
- Flash: 16MB
- PSRAM: 8MB
- RTC SRAM: 16KB
- USB: USB 2.0 OTG full-speed
- WIFI Protocol: IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- Bandwidth: Support 20 MHz and 40 MHz at 2.4 GHz band
- WIFI Mode: Station, SoftAP, SoftAP+Station combined mode
- WIFI Frequency: 2.4GHz
- Frame Aggregation: TX/RX A-MPDU, TX/RX A-MSDU
- Bluetooth Protocol: Bluetooth 5, Bluetooth mesh
- Bluetooth Frequency: 125 Kbps, 500 Kbps, 1 Mbps, 2 Mbps
- 26x Digital I/O
- LED PWM Controller 8 Channels
- 4x SPI
- 3x UART
- 2x I2C
- 2x I2S
- IR Transceiver: 5x transmit channel, 5x receive channel
- 2× 12-bit SAR ADC, 20 Channels
- DMA Controller: 5x transmit channel, 5x receive channel
- 1x FireBeetle 2 Board ESP32-S3-U (N16R8)
- 1x OV2640 Camera
- 1x 2.4GHz WIFI&BLE Antenna
- 1x 18pin-2.54mm Pin Header
- 1x 18pin-2.54mm Female Header
- 1x 14pin-2.54mm Pin Header
- 1x 14pin-2.54mm Female Header