Cultivate Curiosity, Inspire Imagination.
Raspberry Pi 5 is built using the RP1 I/O controller, a package containing silicon designed in-house at Raspberry Pi.
USB 3 has more total bandwidth, for much faster transfer speeds.
Camera and DSI display connectors are interchangeable, so you can have one of each, or two the same.
More than twice as fast and infinitely smoother
Raspberry Pi 5 features the Broadcom BCM2712 quad-core Arm Cortex A76 processor @ 2.4GHz, making it up to three times faster than the previous generation. With RAM variants up to 8GB, this is the fastest, smoothest Raspberry Pi experience yet.
All aboard the PCI express
This addition to Raspberry Pi allows you to connect an M.2 SSD to your Raspberry Pi, giving you speedy data transfer and super-fast boot.
Raspberry Pi OS
The latest release of Raspberry Pi OS is made to get the most from Raspberry Pi 5. The newest version of our operating system delivers a superb desktop performance, making it an ideal computer for work, leisure, enterprise, and more.
That’s not all
||Dual 4Kp60||Real-time clock||UART debug port|
- Broadcom BCM2712 2.4GHz quad-core 64-bit Arm Cortex-A76 CPU, with
- cryptography extensions, 512KB per-core L2 caches and a 2MB shared L3 cache
- VideoCore VII GPU, supporting OpenGL ES 3.1, Vulkan 1.2
- Dual 4Kp60 HDMI® display output with HDR support
- 4Kp60 HEVC decoder
- LPDDR4X-4267 SDRAM (4GB and 8GB SKUs available at launch)
- Dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi®
- Bluetooth 5.0 / Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- microSD card slot, with support for high-speed SDR104 mode
- 2 × USB 3.0 ports, supporting simultaneous 5Gbps operation
- 2 × USB 2.0 ports
- Gigabit Ethernet, with PoE+ support (requires separate PoE+ HAT)
- 2 × 4-lane MIPI camera/display transceivers
- PCIe 2.0 x1 interface for fast peripherals (requires separate M.2 HAT or other adapter)
- 5V/5A DC power via USB-C, with Power Delivery support
- Raspberry Pi standard 40-pin header
- Real-time clock (RTC), powered from external battery
- Power button
- 1x Raspberry Pi 5