Cultivate Curiosity, Inspire Imagination.
The Force Sensor is a force-sensitive module. At the end of the sensor is a round force-sensitive resistor, the resistance of which depends on the pressure applied to this resistor. Simply say, the greater the pressure, the smaller the resistance. However, the output of this sensor is not strictly linear, so we do not recommend it for accurate measurements.
Force Sensing Resistors, or FSRs, are robust polymer thick film (PTF) devices that exhibit a decrease in resistance with an increase in force applied to the surface of the sensor. This force sensitivity is optimized for use in human-machine interface devices including automotive electronics, medical systems, industrial controls, and robotics.
The driver outputs both analog and digital signals. The digital signal threshold can be adjusted via the potentiometer on the driver. You do not need to connect any additional external resistor.
- Analog output
- Reliable mechanical structure
- High durability: Tested to 10 Million actuations, 1kg, 4Hz / -10% average resistance change
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V - 5V
- Force Sensitivity Range: Up to 5kg
- Output: Analog
- Non-Actuated Resistance: > 10MΩ
- Minimum Resistance: 1kΩ
- Device Rise Time: < 3 microseconds
- 1x RFP602 Thin Film Pressure Sensor with Driver